Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Broad Shoulders Figurative language

Man I'm only gettin' older, longer legs and bigger shoulders
Heard I'm gettin' smarter, not dumber
Heart turn cold when it's hot in the summer
Since seven I been daydream, drivin' in a Hummer
Throwin' hundreds out the window to my kinfolks
Sippin' Hen-o, chiefin' indo
Like we indoors but it's no doors on my new Porsche, I guess
I just be tweakin' though
And dream the unthinkable
And prayin' it may come true
Hopin' it do come soon
And then I'm gon' make my move
But still I'm not bulletproof
We could all sing the blues
We could all hear the news but I ain't come here to lose
And I will not be removed
(Taylor Bennet)


                  Taylor Bennett has used many metaphors and figurative language in this verse. Taylor is a    imaginative artist like his more famous brother chance the rapper. LIke his brother taylor uses clever lyrics and experiences to write their songs for example taylor says "Since seven I been daydream, drivin' in a Hummer" emphasizing that he has wanted a hummer since he was seven. My favorite piece of figurative language in this verse is when he says "Man I'm only gettin' older, longer legs and bigger shoulders, Heard I'm gettin' smarter, not dumber, Heart turn cold when it's hot in the summer." By saying " Heart turn cold when it's hot in the summer" taylor is saying that when the summer hits disregards all feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Archie, this is great. Just needs a picture!

    ReplyDelete