Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Boys of Baraka Question

I think Mavis was trying to give Richard some realistic advice. It would be kind of hard to become mayor, so you would want  a job that you think would be possible. I don't know why she recommended a job with working on cars, but it wouldn't be a bad job. I don't think she doubts he can do things that require more work that others. I think she wants him succeed in his life, instead of getting into drugs and stuff like others in the area. He probably wouldn't become mayor even if he did try, just because there would be someone else that would have better experience with politics. I remember my mom told me about this one time that her boss, when we lived in Wisconsin, told her that he thought she wasn't right for the job. But then he told her that she seemed like she would be good with a job working with kids. She co-owns a daycare with my grandmother, and her and the boss still talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment